Friday 20 January 2017

Happy Friday!

I think I have realized that I am terrible at keeping this thing updated.  I always push this to the bottom of the ever growing "TO DO" list, and try to communicate as much as I can in other ways.

That being said, it is time for an update!

I would like to introduce you to Mrs. Deeble!!  I am so happy to have her working in our classroom as an intern teacher from the U of L.  Mrs. Deeble is in her very last semester, and will be teaching half-time.  She will also be getting involved in the school in various ways such as coaching the basket-ball team. Below she has included a brief introduction:

Hi! 

My name is Kailyn Deeble and I am very excited to be joining Mrs. Thomsen’s grade 3/4 class for the next few months! This is my final semester at the University of Lethbridge and my final teaching internship. I will be teaching approximately half time. We split up this time by subject, so I will be teaching Math, Language Arts and Physical Education.

I wanted to share a little bit about myself so you know who will be spending time with your kids. I am passionate about sports and athletics. I currently play on a Lethbridge ladies league volleyball team. I also compete in road hockey tournaments in Edmonton and Calgary every year. In addition to these I like to play slow pitch, badminton, go skiing, go hiking and swimming.

In my spare time I enjoy gardening. I developed a small vegetable garden in my backyard and love eating fresh vegetables throughout the summer! I also enjoy playing the piano; although I am still a beginner player. Whenever I get the chance, I spend the weekend out camping in the mountains and visit my hometown of Golden, British Columbia.

I would love to meet you and introduce myself in person! Please feel free to drop in to say hello if you are at the school dropping off or picking up your child! I would also like to keep up regular communication so that we are all on the same page. If there is a way that works best for you please let me know – whether that be by email, phone or text.



If you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact either myself or Kailyn!
You can also check out the link for a 'Parent Brochure' the U of L created! 

I will be posting on here again next week for some updates regarding field trips, and some activities we are doing in the classroom!